College Zone

Montmorency Secondary College has an enrolment ceiling and must offer all students living within our College zone a place at the College.  Students residing within the College zone are guaranteed enrolment at the College.  To determine if your permanent residential address is within our College zone, please access the following website which hosts the most up-to-date information about Victorian school zones. Once you have accessed the website:

  1. Enter your address
  2. Select the Year of Enrolment
  3. Select the School Type 'Secondary'

The website will then generate a list of your closest schools, in order of distance, and determine your designated neighbourhood school, which is the first school on the generated list.  On the right-hand side of the screen, a map will appear, pinpointing your residential address and its proximity to your designated neighbourhood school.  

The Department of Education provides guidance through the Enrolment: Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and the freedom to choose other schools, subject to facility limitations. Further information and answers to frequently asked questions are available on the Department’s website under School Zones.

If you have a question about school zones, please contact the VSBA Hotline on 1800 896 950 or email: